Saturday, June 23, 2012

RIP Havaianas

Yesterday while at Clementi Mall, my Havaianas flip flop strap broke! Like super random timing, I don't even know why it broke. Had to resort to buying flip flops from Cotton On, those cheap $5 with any purchase ones. :'-( Haha, the original price was $9.95 so we decided to buy this $1 charity bracelet things so we could get the flip flops for $5. ;-) ANYWAY. I tried to revive my Havaianas at home but the super glue hardened and yeah boo hoo poo. :'-( No matter. I'm going to save up to buy another pair soon! There's a 50% sale until the end of July at Havaianas. ;-) After wearing ~quality~ shoes for some time, you can feel the difference between the good stuff and the knock-offs. Plus the Cotton Ons look like penguin feet, ugh. I feel quite bad for wasting that $5 since I know I'll hardly wear it, but well, desperate times call for desperate measures. :-/

Oh, I found this website this morning which gave me an idea on how to revive my Havaianas! HERE. Hopefully it'll work (if I actually get my lazy butt off the bed and start on it)

But for now, bye bye beautiful shuzzz :'-( It's been a magical year with you, HAHAHA.





Update:
HELLO EVERYONE I JUST SEWN BACK MY HAVAIANAS FLIP FLOPS OH THE JOY.

I sewed a button attached to the strap thingy, pricked my fingers countless times (my hands must look like cheese) but still did it in the end! But just to be on the safe side, next time I wear the flip flops, I'm going to bring along an extra pair of sandals. ;-)

No comments :

Post a Comment