Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Argo

Today I went to watch the movie, Argo, with my brother and dad because my dad wanted to see it. Initially, I wasn't very keen on the show and didn't expect much but boy, was I in for a treat!

Argo is based on a true story about the escape of 6 American hostages from Iran that happened a few decades ago. As I'm not really a history-buff, I couldn't catch up with the first part of the movie whichtalked about the background (mostly political) of Iran at the time. I'm not going to spoil the movie for everyone but let me just say, it's one of the better movies I've watched so far, fully deserving of the 4.5/5 star rating it received. I was kept on tenterhooks the whole time, especially towards the later part of the movie when the climax was slowly being built up.

As with all films, Argo is also made to entertain the audience so it's understandable that there are some factual inaccuracies. However, I learnt quite a bit from the film and it made me more interested in history! Gosh, I sound like a huge geek. Argo is better than all those chick flicks which have absolutely no or little meaning and I would recommend everyone to watch it ^_^

No comments :

Post a Comment