Sunday, January 27, 2013

Riverside Indonesian BBQ

Today we went to Plaza Singapura because I was craving the Indonesian BBQ stall at its Kopitiam that I saw on someone's Instagram (lol what has the world become). I ordered the Grilled Fish set and my mom ordered the Grilled Chicken set. You can order an extra side of vegetables for eighty cents and I am so glad that I did!


My grilled fish was really tasty! They gave me two giant fillets of the fish, also lathered in the same black sweet sauce. However, the skin of the fish gets a little hard after a while and becomes rather chewy...but the meat made up for it!


The grilled chicken was so succulent and tender! It wasn't all tough and rubbery and hard like most chicken dishes are. The portion was quite generous as well, with the whole chicken thigh slapped on your plate, with black sweet sauce poured generously over the rice and meats.

Besides the meats and rice, there also was an egg omelette, which was thick and not as oily as most omelettes you buy from hawker stalls/food courts.

The vegetables were soft and oh-so-yummy! A very large scoop they have too, totally worth the eighty cents.

If you're craving barbecued food, I strongly recommend Riverside Indonesian BBQ! I'm not exaggerating when I say that almost three quarters of the Kopitiam patrons had ordered from the same stall! The only flaw I can point out is the location as Plaza Singapura is really crowded, especially on the weekends. We were blessed to have found a seat the minute we strided into the food court!




Riverside Indonesian BBQ
Level 6 (Kopitiam)
Plaza Singapura
$5.70 for grilled chicken/fish set
+80c for vegetables
+50c for additional rice

No comments :

Post a Comment