Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ben and Jerry's

Last week, even after Free Cone Day, we couldn't get enough of Ben and Jerry's, so we went up to Dempsey after dinner at my favourite coffee shop in Bukit Batok to get some sinful desserts! We used the buy-one-and-get-the-next-one-at-half-price coupon that was given out during Free Cone Day. (The coupon applies to sundaes only.)

We got the brownie with Clusterfluff ice-cream and a Berry sorbet, with caramel poured generously across the creamy concoction, along with a "Double Cookie Euphoria" which comprised of four quarter-cookies surrounding two huge scoops of Coffee BuzzBuzz and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice-cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce and sprinkled with granola bits.

The brownie didn't have nuts in it. Hallelujah! I absolutely loved the brownie, especially when it was eaten with a forkful of Clusterfluff ice-cream (that is, peanut butter). It was dense, moist, rich, everything a brownie should be. The only gripe I had was that the ice-cream was melting too quickly, so I devoured my brownie and ice-cream in such a hurry I forgot to savour each and every bite properly. Thus, you can imagine my disappointment when I realize that the plate is only left with crumbs...and a river of melted ice-cream.

Oh well, it was heavenly and as the saying goes, be glad that it happened and not sad that it ended. ;-)



Poor photography skills did no justice to the brownie.



No comments :

Post a Comment