Saturday, April 20, 2013

Plastered eggs recipe

After trying a plaster egg prata at Prata Wala, I felt the urge to find a healthier way to make the delicious dish. After all, who can enjoy a meal when he knows that a substantial amount of oil was involved in its creation? So, one day after school, I decided to take to the kitchen after a really long time and fry my own egg. It turned out really successfully, even if I do say so myself.

Step 1: Pour a little oil on a saucepan, and use a piece (or two) of tissue paper to wipe it around the pan, as well as to remove excess oil. I used olive oil as it was a healthier alternative. Butter may also substitute oil.

Step 2: Heat the pan on medium-low heat. To know when the pan is heated enough, flick water onto the pan and if it splatters, it's ready for cooking.

Step 3: Pour an egg onto the pan, unmixed, of course.

Step 4: After a few seconds, fold a piece of bread (I used wholemeal) onto the egg. Make sure that the yolk is fully covered. If need be, use a spatula to gently press down the edges of the bread down onto the pan as the yolk may cause the bread to not be in contact with the egg white.

Step 5: When the whites start to harden, flip the bread over and serve whenever you feel that it is ready to be served. :-)

My brother was literally drooling at the outcome, but greedy me devoured the entire snack by myself, oops! It's a really simple dish (I would hardly even consider it a dish!) and can be prepared as a breakfast item or a snack whenever you feel peckish. Besides, eggs are really healthy and have been proven to contain lots and lots of different useful nutrients!


Before cooking



After cooking



I believe this qualifies as a successful first attempt?



No comments :

Post a Comment