Friday, May 03, 2013

Carpenter and Cook III


I visited Carpenter and Cook again last Friday with Jamie, and she fell in love with the little cafe almost instantaneously. Even after a day, she complained to me that she was suffering from C&C withdrawal symptoms!




We tried the Spinach and Tomato Quiche and I recommended her to try the passionfruit meringue tart. After all, one does not simply visit Carpenter and Cook without trying their passionfruit meringue tart. At first, I was quite nervous as I wasn't sure if Jamie would enjoy the food, especially since it cost quite a pretty penny. However, I should never have wasted my brain cells worrying as sure enough, Jamie loved the quiche as well as the tart! I admit, she was rather apprehensive towards the tart at first, but after a few fork-fulls, she was completely convinced of its loveliness.

It was my first time trying the quiche and for $7, I would say that the portion is rather small. Then again, you do see people paying over $50 for minuscule servings of food in fine-dining restaurants... Anyway, like many of their items, the quiche did not disappoint. The custard was soft and warm, with strips of potato hidden just above the crust. Mmm, lovely. I would definitely try the quiche again, but not in the foreseeable future. After all, good food is hardly ever void of calories...



No comments :

Post a Comment