Saturday, May 04, 2013

Salted Caramel Artisan Ice-cream

Popped by Salted Caramel earlier in the evening after dinner at the popular bak chor mee stall just a few units away. I was eager to try their waffles as many of my friends and other foodies have been raving about how it is easily one of the better waffles around in town. I was not disappointed! The entire shop practically smelt like a waffle factory! I guess other customers were gunning for their waffles as well.


We had a triple scoop ice-cream (Rum and Raisin, Chocolate Sorbet and of course, Salted Caramel) on a golden-brown waffle, waiting more than ten minutes because the first waffle they prepared for us got burnt. However, it was well worth the wait as I tucked into one of the best Rum and Raisin ice-creams I have ever had. Rum and Raisin is my favourite ice-cream flavour and I am quite particular about how it tastes. A good R&R ice-cream should have a consistent rum taste with raisins that are juicy and burst with the alcohol. Salted Caramel's satisfied all my criteria and so much more.

The Chocolate Sorbet was nice, but nothing fantastic. I felt that Island Creamery's chocolate sorbet was better though. Salted Caramel's was a tad too chocolate-y, but I guess all that depends on your personal preference.

Sadly, the Salted Caramel ice-cream was rather disappointing. I found it too sweet and salty! Yes, it was rather difficult to choose which word that would best describe that fusion of sweetness and saltiness, and not in a good way either. One would have expected their Salted Caramel ice-cream to be really good but...

Anyway, the waffle was the star of the evening and I could have easily finished the entire waffle by myself without any ice-cream or toppings at all. It was absolutely heavenly. Think a crisp exterior with fluffy goodness in each bite...mm, decadent is the word for it!

This will be my new go-to place for waffles! I dare say that it is even better than those from Wimbly-Lu, whose waffles have been considered to be the best in town.


Damage done: $7 + $3.50 (waffle)

No comments :

Post a Comment