Thursday, August 01, 2013

Tiong Bahru Bakery

  I finally got to try the highly-raved squid ink burger (?) from Tiong Bahru Bakery yesterday! I went to the Raffles City outlet so the quality might differ from the original Tiong Bahru branch.

  Nevertheless, the $9.50 spent was well-worth it. The bun was charcoal-black and I had my reservations about it at first. However, upon sinking my teeth into it...the feeling (or rather, taste) was indescribable. The salad in the burger was dressed with some tangy sauce which was rather light and not too creamy or anything like that. In fact, it wasn't creamy at all! It reminded me of vinegar-like sauces. The sour taste complemented the smoked salmon and the bun perfectly. All in all, it bought me fifteen minutes of pure joy.

  I would definitely visit TBB again to try more of their delectable tarts, breads and pastries! The selection of baked goods were so tempting, but sadly I had limited budget and stomach space so I could only afford (literally!) one bun! As I'm typing this, I'm already salivating at the thought of those delicious desserts...mmm.

  The ambiance of the TBB outlet at Raffles City is really good. It's has natural light streaming in from above, and also a very high ceiling (if there even is a ceiling up there...) which adds to the spaciousness and minimalist feel of the place. I can envision myself spending afternoons here with a good book and a even better pastry. What a heavenly way to spend a lazy afternoon!






Shamelessly panorama-ing in front of the salesgirls.



No comments :

Post a Comment