Friday, August 23, 2013

d'Good Café

d'Good Café is literally a hole-in-a-wall establishment. One has to climb a flight of stairs before finding the café. There are two levels of seats available, and even an alfresco dining option! The afternoon I visited the café, it was really quiet in the top level and the minimalistic decor really appealed to me.


I ordered the Scrambled Eggs and Toast set ($7.50), and a Weekday Special meal consisting of Fresh Sea Prawn Pesto pasta, Mushroom soup and a Café Latté ($20). Oh yes, I also shared a Maple Sea Salt Cheesecake ($8.50) with the mother.

I think the café is run by a Christian as there was Christian music playing in the café, and the counter also boasts a variety of Christian stationery such as bookmarks and notebooks.

Food-wise, it's good, but a little expensive. In an attempt to make this a visually stimulating post, here are some photographs I took. 


The brioche was really good. Better than that of Wild Honey! I enjoyed the crisp, buttery bread with scrambled egg lathered generously atop it. The scrambled eggs were really good too! Though I would say the set is a little pricey for it's size, the quality almost makes up for it. They do sell the brioche separately, at $4.50 for two slices. Paying an extra $3 for the eggs is a pretty okay deal I suppose.



The pasta was another stellar dish. The servings of prawn was so generous! Six huge, succulent prawns tossed in a bed of warm pasta. Heavenly. Beware though, this is extremely filling!


Cheesecake was merely average, sadly.




On another occasion, I also got to try the matcha latte ($5.50). It was very very very good! I love how the matcha taste is distinctly brought out, and it's not too bitter as well. Ahhh, the perfect way to while an afternoon. :-)



The alfresco dining area is just lovely. A pity that it gets too hot in the afternoons to dine there. Also, it overlooks the main road so there isn't much of a view to boast of. Oh well, kudos to them for trying anyway!

Overall, I would definitely visit d'Good Café again, to try their English Breakfast set which comes with the full works! It's also a very nice place to chill and study. :-) In fact, I've been here a couple of times to study during examination periods! I love the clean spaces (and Wi-Fi) and quiet (if you go in the weekday afternoons where it's usually a lil period).

No comments :

Post a Comment