Monday, July 07, 2014

Maple & Market


Spent the better part of today around the East with the family, since we don't get many opportunities to venture around that area! After a hearty lunch at Old Airport Food Centre, we stumbled upon Maple & Market and decided to try their decadent-looking cakes!

We ordered the Flourless Chocolate Cake (Today's Special) and their best-selling Rose cake with Raspberry Cream Cheese and Pistachio.



The flourless chocolate cake indeed tasted of rich, bitter chocolate. The crackly crumbly crust (???) on top of the cake you see there just sealed the deal. It would have been a lot more sinful (read: decadent) if the cake were more fudgey.



This was recommended by the salesgirl (/cashier/person-behind-the-cake-displays lol) as it was one of their bestselling cakes! I am glad she recommended it to us because to be honest, I would not have given this cake a second glance. You have to understand, there were a whole lot of more tall, richly coloured and luscious cakes on the display, so it was easy to dismiss this rather dainty-looking cake altogether.

I don't even know where to begin...everything about this was lovely lovely lovely!!! From the sweet raspberry cream cheese to the soft rose sponge cake to the tart raspberry jam in between layers of sponge to the scatter of pistachios on top of the cake...it hit all the right spots and I polished this without much help (oopsies but diet can wait!) The best part? Even though I ate most of the cake, I didn't feel jelat at all! And though I know this is probably just me trying to comfort myself, it felt rather healthy eating this hehe because it's um, fruit-based...sigh but no ragrets.

IT WAS WORTH EVERY SINGLE GRAM OF FAT/CARBS/CALORIE!

Sadly, they ran out of their highly-raved waffles today, so I didn't get to try them. I also missed out on the Maple Bacon cupcakes because the cake display just captivated me and I lost interest in everything else hahaha! Oh well, that is reason enough for a second visit, I hope!

The sitting area is actually really tiny (even smaller than Creamier!), with effectively only 3 tables in the entire store. If you're planning to try their cakes with lots of friends, I would suggest buying takeaway instead, because it can be rather annoying to be crowded in a tiny seating space.


Maple & Market

34 Cassia Crescent, #01-82
Tel: +65 6348 8068
Mon: 12pm – 8pm
Wed to Fri: 12pm – 9pm
Sat: 10am – 10pm
Sun: 10am – 9pm
Nearest Station: Dakota

No comments :

Post a Comment