Monday, July 07, 2014

Old Airport Road Food Centre


Prawn noodles from Albert Street Prawn Noodles (#01-10). Well, since there was a really long queue I hopped in line as well just to see what the hype was about. Thankfully, the queue moves rather quickly, so you don't have to wait in line for too long.

I ordered a bowl of prawn noodles with only bee hoon in it because I absolutely dislike yellow fat noodles. The prawn broth was AMAZING and the prawns were really fresh! I really love their prawn noodles so go ahead and give it a try when you're there! :-)




The popiah and kueh pie tee were from the same stall. Nothing particularly out-of-the-world, but thumbs up for the kueh pie tee, whose shell was really light and crisp! Loved it!



Char Kway Teow from Lao Fu Zhi Fried Kway Teow (#01-12) I was rather surprised to see that a Singaporean char kway teow stall sells the fried noodles "in white", as usually the "white" fried noodles are the Penang version of char kway teow.

Anyway, this was really good as well (explains the loooOOooOng queue!) but a bit too dry after eating it for a while. Maybe it'd be a better idea to share this with your makan-kakis! (Share the food, share the calories hehe)

There are loads of other good stalls at Old Airport Food Centre that I've yet to try, and I will add them to this list as I do! So watch this space! :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment