Monday, September 08, 2014

Peperoni Pizzeria

I'm sure we've all seen that photo of a hugeass pizza somewhere on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter before, and the name "Peperoni's" never fails to pop up. The other day, I was craving pizza and so we went to Peperoni Pizzeria at Binjai Park for dinner!

When we arrived at the restaurant, there were tables unoccupied but apparently they were fully booked for the night! Thankfully, the barista saw our crestfallen faces and offered us a table on the condition we would be "done by 8.15pm". It was around 7pm then so we were thrilled to take up her offer! :-)

We wasted no time in ordering our food. We settled on the Pancetta (cured bacon, tomato and egg) and the Hawaiian to be split on our XXL 21" pizza! As the pizza would take a considerable amount of time to prepare, we also ordered the calamari as an appetiser, along with a jug of their homemade iced lemon tea.


Iced Lemon Tea ($11 per jug)
Yes that's right, they serve it by the jug here! It fills four cups just nicely. Our waiter told us it was homemade, so I guess it almost justifies the price. I tasted a hint of lime in the tea, yet it was overall a tad bit too sweet for my liking. However, I have quite a low tolerance for sweet stuff so I might not be the most accurate judge haha. Mama Wee really enjoyed it, though. So much so that I gave her most of my tea haha!




Calamari ($14)
The batter was delicious!!! The salsa dip that accompanied it just sealed the deal.


When at long last, the pizza arrived, boy was it a sight to behold! Okay, maybe not at long last. It took about half an hour, since the time we placed our order. Not bad, considering what a huge masterpiece the chefs had to whip up!




As you can see, the different toppings are very distinctive and clearly divided.



To gauge how big it is, the diameter of the whole pizza is bigger than both my mother's hands stretched out!

XXL Family pizza ($50)

I really liked the Pancetta half. The bacon was rather lean (as lean as bacon can be, anyway) and it wasn't overly salty! The flavour of the egg did not enhance the overall taste as I hoped it would have, though. :-(

The Hawaiian side was not too bad either, but I just felt it was a little...normal. They were very generous with the pineapple chunks and ham, though! However, the bell peppers had a very "fresh" taste that I didn't quite like.


Overall, the service was impeccable and the food delicious, and there was no additional service charge nor GST! Definitely well-worth a second, third, fourth visit :-) I would suggest making a reservation before going down, to avoid any possible disappointment.


Peperoni Pizzeria
(they do have other outlets!)
7 Binjai Park, Singapore 589821
Tel: 64637800
Mondays to Saturdays: 12 noon - 10.30pm
Sundays: 11am to 10.30pm
Closed from 3-5pm on Mondays to Thursdays
Closed on certain public holidays

No comments :

Post a Comment