Sunday, September 14, 2014

To look forward

Here is a list of stuff I'm looking forward to doing after the Promotional examinations (finally) end!!! I don't really know why I decided to post this up here, other than giving me something to look forward to and sharing them here would be pretty...Idk but hey it's my blog, so.

1. Learn One Summer's Day on the piano (I'm in love with this piece! ! !) and I'm looking for another instrument to pick up. I was considering guitar (common, but useful skill!)...

2. Read more books (I'd like to be more well-read)
2.1 Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
2.2 Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
2.3 Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
2.4 maybe start on the Harry Potter/LOTR series...hehe a bit slow to the party huh
2.5 To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee THIS IS AWESOME STUFF!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it :-)
2.6 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
2.7 Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
2.8 The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (I still haven't read this, or watched the movie, for that matter)
2.9 The Perks of being a Wallflower by Steven Chbosky
2.10 The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
...okay I should stop here haha this might be a bit too much for me to actually finish, but I'd like to try :-)

(^ lol at the influence of PW report-writing on students)

3. Meet up with friends! ! ! !

4. I really do need to practice my bassoon (and also to prepare for the next concert season/assessments etc. hur hur)

5. Experiment with different recipes, and not just simple snacks/desserts any more!

6. Learn how to shoot on Manual mode (this was on my list before but I never got the hang of it)

7. Plan for Tune-In!!! I'm actually really really really excited for this, and I hope my juniors come!!!

8. Food-venturing!!!!!!!! yezza so much fats but so worth it, in my opinion
8.1 PARK @ Holland Village (for their truffle mac and cheese)
8.2 Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee at MacPherson
8.3 Lady M (for their mille crepes)
8.4 Sync Korean Fusion Bistro at Westgate (for their red bean and matcha lava cakes)
8.5 Club Street Social (this has been on my list for more than a year now! :( )
8.6 Kith Café
8.7 Drury Lane
8.8 Toby's Estate (for their smoked salmon and scrambled egg croissants)

9. Read the Bible! I want to finish the New Testament by the end of the year.

10. Decorate/design my new room and throw out old stuff to prepare for the big move! wewew!!!

11. Watch movies! At the cinema! Something I've not done in a long time. I'm really looking forward to catching Now You See Me 2 and Love, Rosie, though I think the latter will only be released much later. :-(

okay that's about it. Not a lot, but all still very exciting :-)

P.s. there are probably more exclamation marks in this post than any other haha, I've actually consciously tried to lessen the use of the exclamation marks but it's kinda difficult because I! am! so! excited! for! the! end! of! promos!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment