Saturday, October 04, 2014

Cheesy Baked Pasta


After satisfying my Eighteen Chefs cravings (cheese baked rice!!!), I thought it would be fun to try to make the quintessential American comfort food: Mac'n'Cheese! In place of macaroni, however, I used normal pasta because I was lazy to go out and buy macaroni (heh)

This recipe is far from perfect. The only reason why I'm posting this up here is because it's the first time I've cooked something entirely impromptu (or, in other words, just whack) Yes, I didn't follow a recipe and just added/did whatever felt right! It was a great relief that the end product was edible and that a few hours on, there are no signs of a tummy upset, haha!


What you need I used:
(feeds two normal-sized stomachs)

a fist-full of pasta of your choice (I used angel hair)

cheese sausages and other ingredients you'd like in your pasta

one can of cream of chicken soup

three KRAFT cheese slices

a three-quarter pack of shredded mozzarella

a splash of milk


Method:

1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C





2. Thaw the sausages and cut them into little cylinders.




3. "Thread" the pasta through the sausages. Initially, I used a toothpick to pierce the holes through as the sausages weren't quite soft yet. After a few minutes, it should get easier to directly pierce the brittle strands of pasta through. :-)





4. Boil the pasta with the sausages until the pasta becomes al dente. I check if the pasta is soft enough to be cut using a pair of chopsticks as a sign of its cooked-ness.



I love the effect of threading pasta through stuff!!!


5. Drain your cooked pasta (or in my case, ladle them out) and portion them into two casseroles. I didn't have single-serve casseroles so I used aluminium foil tins instead.




6. Prepare the cream of chicken soup as instructed (on the can)
(Basically, just mix the canned soup with a can of water and bring to a boil!)



7. Pour the soup into the casseroles/foil tins








8. Spam the cheeses to your heart's desire!



9. Add a splash of milk to the mix.

10. Pop the casseroles/foil tins into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.




ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment