Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars


Okay so I was done writing this post and Blogger claimed to have saved it and then BAM suddenly when I refresh the page, everything disappears?!? I AM SO ANNOYED!!!

Anyway, I whipped up these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake bars in the hopes of clearing out left-over cream cheese in the fridge! I wanted to do something interesting (actually no, I just didn't have digestive biscuits/graham crackers haha) so I used a rolled oats base instead! I guess it makes these treats just a teensy bit healthier...? :-)))

Anyway, when I brought them to school the next morning, my friends demolished the entire box before the first period ended HAHAHA. I guess that means they're good? I felt that it was a bit too sweet though, but since I cut them up into really small squares, they weren't too jelat :-)


What you will need:
(makes 32 small squares)

(Rolled oats base)
one and a half cups of instant rolled oats
one-third cups of brown sugar
half a cup of unsalted butter

(Cheesecake)
100g of cream cheese
one-twelfth of a cup of sugar
one egg
one-third of a teaspoon of vanilla extract

(Cookie dough)
five-thirds of a tablespoon of unsalted butter
one-ninth of a cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of sugar
a pinch of salt
one-third of a teaspoon of vanilla extract
one-quarter of a cup of flour
as much chocolate chips as you wish

Method:

(Rolled oats base)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.

2. Melt the butter before chilling it while preparing the other ingredients.



3. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar and rolled oats and mix.



4. Pour in the chilled melted butter and mix

5. Press the mixture onto a lined baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes.



it turned out so crisp, it was like eating candied biscuits!
6. Remove from oven to cool.


(Cheesecake)
1. Combine cream cheese and sugar and stir till fluffy.


pretty vanilla essence swirl!
2. Add in the egg and vanilla essence and continue stirring till smooth.


(Cookie Dough)
1. Cream the butter, sugars, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.



2. Stir in the flour until incorporated.




3. Pour in the chocolate chips.


Putting them all together...

Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust.



Break off the cookie dough into large clumps and scatter them across the surface of the cheesecake filling.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until the surface looks dry and firm and the cheesecake is set.

Cool completely before refrigerating and refrigerate before serving. Trust me, it's much nicer cold :-)


Though these cheesecake bars are yummy, I still prefer the no-bake cheesecakes for their soft, fluffy texture! So while I will definitely be using the rolled oats base in future, I am probably going to stick with chilling my cheesecakes instead of baking them. :-) Then again, to each his own preference.


No comments :

Post a Comment