Sunday, February 01, 2015

Koh Grill & Sushi Bar


Ever since I saw photos of Shiok Maki on Instagram, I've been wanting to try it! This was about 2 or 3 years ago, and now, I can proudly say that I am no longer a Shiok Maki virgin. :-)

The holy grail of sushi is located at the food court of Wisma Atria, not some fancy schmancy Japanese restaurant as I had previously expected. I visited in the afternoon, around 3pm, so it was relatively empty (business was actually quite good considering it's the lull period). We were seated promptly and our makis came in no time at all.


They have 2 types of shiok maki: Generation 1 (with unagi) and Generation 2 (with tempura). Both are priced at $16.90. We ordered a plate of each to share.


Hooooooooooooomaaaaaiiiiiii...the first bite completely won me over. The rich yellow sauce is some kind of cheesy mayonnaise and probably cost me a few hundred calories but none of that mattered in that moment. The SHIOK factor was all I could relish. I prefer the unagi version of the shiok maki. There is something about that just-charred, sweetly marinaded grilled eel that sent my tastebuds tingling with ecstasy.


It was so good, we ordered another 2 plates of Generation 1 shiok maki.


The total bill ran up to ~$75, with GST and service charge included. The verdict? Definitely over-priced, but well-worth a try.


Koh Grill & Sushi Bar
435 Orchard Road
#04-21 Wisma Atria Shopping Center

No comments :

Post a Comment