Saturday, March 21, 2015

Band Camp 2015

Band camp was on the last day of school and ended the next afternoon! A bit short but I think we all had a lot of fun. :-)

I found myself in the Band Camp planning committee and was mostly in-charge of the night games, so I'm really glad it went well!!! There was so much potential for it to flop, because a lot of it was dependent on people's excitement/enthusiasm haha so whew thankfully everyone was sporting and it was a lot of fun. You can watch the skits here!:

Seaweed (Huiru, Daryl, Esther Foo, Nien Ting, Talia, Suppanat and Jia Qi)
I Know You're Awake (Nicholas, Priya, Shi Wei, Feng Yi, Weicong, Jing Long and Esther Lee)
Call Me Papa (Wei Ze, Qing Kai, Khiam Wee, Brandon, Bruce, Clarissa and Nadirah)
Wristband (Damien, Mu Yu, Saga, Nicole, Sherilyn, Yu Chern and Xian Wei)
All I saw was Red (Darren, Jamie, Clara, Li Xing, Evangeline, Zhang Zhuang and Lu Yuan)

Lights-out was at 11.30pm, but it really was more of an "arbitrary number" haha! We had EXCO meeting till 11.26pm anyway. After the meeting, I suddenly felt super drained and tired but thankfully bathing helped to energise me a bit and powered me through all the way till 4am, haha!

We were segregated in batches at first, but somehow everyone (who weren't sleeping) ended up at the locker tables playing bridge in our little circles - it was kind of like a gambling den, without the gambling of course. Was pretty fun but we got chased to our rooms at 1.30am. WFKW sort of made plans to wake up at 6am to go swimming...LOL but we all slept through our alarms so that didn't quite materialise...which could have been a good thing I suppose. Anyway, 1.30am was a bit early so Nic, Daryl, Neimad, Xiao Feng, Chow and I wandered around school a bit, trying to find a nice corner to lepak in. We ended up climbing to the roof on the 6th floor and scared the daylights out of the Chorale kids who thought we were their teacher-IC doing a spot-check haha! I bumped into Denise and we were wearing matching shirts!!! Quite cute.

We lay on the hard, concrete ground with soft music (think Ed Sheeran) ((!!!)) nestling our fragmented yet honest conversation about really anything that came to our minds... You could also see the darkness of the sky as well as the tiny glistening stars. It was all really beautiful and I had a nice time :-)

When Chow and I got back to our room (we were roomies!!! lol the perks of doing room groupings heh heh), we found Evan and Priya taking selfies with sleeping Shi Wei and Esther LOL so of course we spent the next hour taking more embarrassing photos before binging on this honeyed biscuit thing Evan got from the States (so! good!!!) and going to sleep at 4.06am (I checked) :-)

The next morning was pretty much just the Running Man game (which we planned for Farewell last year but never got around to actually playing it LOL) and general ~bonding~ time! After it all, I was mad tired and just wanted to go home and sleep LOL. Unfortunately, I still had the SNYO Promotion Assessment in the afternoon so I had to go home to freshen up and couldn't join the rest for lunch :(

Quite an anti-climaxed end but it's been a week and the memory is getting a little fuzzy - I'm just trying to record down the scraps I do remember and want to remember in future hehe (-:




Aiseh Band Camp Overall I/C Zheng


Fun part of being Game Master is getting people to do forfeits but the bad part is thinking of fun forfeits and having to demonstrate them endlessly because some people "didn't catch that"...HAHA this was the monkey walk :-)

or orang utans, rather



(I really like this photo!!!)
Zhang Zhuang is actually a really good voice-er!!! I wouldn't have expected it of him haha, it was super entertaining and surprising for me watching his performance!!!

and Darren being...stellar as usual

"Call me p-p-p-papa"


Jia Qi and Suppanat the womanisers LOL check out that oh-so-casually unbuttoned shirt


he's actually holding a Hello Kitty baby spoon haha which is what makes this really funny


o dear

batch!!! (minus Andrew who wasn't here for camp :()



EXCO meeting where we sat in a cult-like circle and got scared by Nicholas' "ghost" stories


"pull your pants all the way up!!!"

no we did not plan this...okay fine we did :(

Jamie explaining Running Man ft. GORGEOUS DAYLIGHT



they wore the socks on their feet, that's cheating :(

loser kwok trying to kick me


my group with our 6 socks but 8947592878 lives HAHA


then Pong suddenly appeared!!! hahaha he came to school to study and walked by the Raja field. I got so excited when I saw him (I'm sure I wasn't the only one heh heh) because, well, how timely, no??? Pong showing up during *band* camp??? Haha oh well, anyway he helped us take a few band photos (thank you!!!) and we also got a Fireberd photo (^) WEW

I miss the old days :'-) when it was just the six of us


backstory: Daryl and I were lifting Wei Ze, and the Cat High guys standing behind (Yu Chern? Jia Qi?) slapped his butt HAHAHA zoom in on his face, you will NOT regret it



almost as if on cue, everyone started posing for/requesting for section photos haha

flutes!!!

papa kwok n children

bass section

idek



(LOVE this shot but Shi Wei is not in the frame?!??! sian)



yes we were about to fall

band camp committee ("guys let's make a tent!")

 
it's been a year!!! wow!!!

Cat High



Afterward, we had general ~lepak time~ and somehow we ended up trying to do the pile-up plank a.k.a. taupok for fit people HAHA IT WAS FUN


No comments :

Post a Comment