Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Matcha brownies

These are seriously the dense-est, chewy-est and fudgey-est brownies I've ever tasted. Crumbly on top and awfully gooey in the middle, it took a huge amount of self-control to resist stuffing my face with these little squares of decadence. I made these brownies as a part of my brother's birthday gift (I'll post the complete one when I'm done with the other parts hehe I'm really! excited!) but these are definitely going to be added to my list of go-to bakes.

One gripe I have though, is that the brownies were a little thin, and a tad bit too burnt on the tops. I'm guessing I over-baked them because the recipe I adapted was written for a 8x8 baking pan, while I used a 9x10. So do adjust baking time accordingly, or you could just use a smaller pan for thick, chewy brownies!


What you will need:
(adapted from Gisella, makes about 12 medium squares)
half a cup of melted butter
1/8 cups of matcha powder

40g of white chocolate

a cup of white sugar
¼ teaspoons of salt
two eggs
half a cup of all-purpose flour

Method:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Melt the butter in a microwave/saucepan.

3. Melt the white chocolate.
4. Add the matcha powder to the melted chocolate and stir till smooth. Resist all temptation to lick your spoon (who are we kidding...it's okay, I won't tell)
5. Pour in butter to the matcha-chocolate mixture.
6. Stir in sugar, salt and eggs.
7. Add flour and stir until well combined.
8. Line your baking pan with parchment paper and spread batter into the pan. Spoon the unscrapped batter into your mouth, you will not regret it.
9. Bake for 30 minutes. The edges should be set and centre is firm but still just slightly underdone. Let cool 10 minutes at least before lifting out by parchment overhang to slice.

No comments :

Post a Comment