Thursday, December 24, 2015

18

Yesterday marked my eighteenth year of existence on this Earth and it was one of the best birthdays I have ever had.

I'm not usually a big fan of my own birthday because I like being the youngest of my friends (haha quite a dumb reason) but mostly because I feel very awkward as a recipient of birthday stuff and I just don't like so much attention on myself. I much prefer planning and celebrating other people's birthdays and fuss over them!

This year was really special because some of my best friends celebrated it with me :-) Most years, I'm on vacation overseas with family so I never really get to celebrate it much with friends so that made this year extra memorable! Also, I have never had a clique before WFKW/League of Dignified Men so I never expected friends to come together to plan a surprise for me. Usually, I just go out with one friend and spend quality time with her! But this year, I was kind of expecting the guys to do something for me haha okay mostly because Wei Ze asked me if I had any plans that day. How direct.

Anyway, my birthday kinda started from the night of the 22nd. I met Vint Seng for dinner at Bedok Mall and had a surprisingly good time with him! Our friendship is really strange and I do regret not getting to deepen it in Year 6 but I guess I'm still glad we are quite all right friends now. More than acquaintances, at least.

Then, I met Kai and we tried to figure out how to use Uber to get to East Coast Park for night cycling!!! I'm kind of lazy to write alllll about it so here's a condensed version of what I want to remember, 5 years on as I read this blog entry:

Thank you for last night and this morning! It was truly a night to remember :-) From trying to figure out how Uber worked, getting lost in the CBD and cycling through atas office buildings, being unimpressed by Christmas Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay, summiting Mount Marina Barrage and singing me a birthday song at 12.01am, lying on grass and talking about the Future, laughing about so many weird things together, getting our asses sprayed by the ninja water sprinklers that suddenly decided to be turned on, bring awed by passing aeroplanes just above our heads, telling me that you told your mom I was "a good girlfriend material" LOL, crashing into me causing me to flip over and fly onto the ground, helping (forcing) me to wash my wound, racing back to beat the rain against the lightning, groaning endlessly because of the compressed Gion Kwok, crashing on the rocks by the beach, crazy-ass winds nearly blowing us off said rocks, experiencing homelessness until 6am when midnight surcharge for cabs stop, McDonald's birthday breakfast, sleeping in odd and uncomfortable positions on the trains while crossing 3 different train lines, forcing me to sleep so you can make my card and ordering me back to sleep when I woke up and you weren't done, there is no one else I would rather have done all these with. And finally, when you gave me the Star, I was just so overwhelmed! I'm sorry I didn't give you the reaction you perhaps had hoped for, but I know you know that I am so so so so thankful to have found a best friend in you.

Starting point!
We took a similar photo here last year during our Tune In publicity photoshoot stunt!! But tonight the real reason you wanted a photo here is so your brown hair can be seen. 🌚
Normal camera
vs. Front camera :(
At this point, we were outside some fancy CBD building which didn't allow cyclists and were quite hopelessly lost.
Stopped by Gardens by the Bay to see their Christmas Wonderland decorations and was quite unimpressed. Maybe because it was just too hot so the Christmas vibes weren't that great.
U-turned back to ECP just before some barricade forcing us into a dead end!
If you look carefully, you can see the lump which is Qing Kai hahaha. I couldn't sleep on the rocks no matter how hard I tried, I don't know how he does it.

We went to his house to wash up in the morning, and then he forced me to sleep so that he could prepare my gift. I didn't mind all that much haha it was quite sweet actually, (if you ignore the part that the gift was done last-minute...) and his bed was really comfy! It was all four-poster bed and silk sheets and everything o my.

This was the Star that he so proudly gave me, haha! It's kind of like a Christmas tree ornament, the star they put at the top! As I was sleeping, I could hear him cutting the paper/cardboard and all hehehe. It's really the effort that went into making this that brought me (close) to tears. I never would have expected him (he probably wouldn't expect himself too either) to have put so much effort in making a birthday card so I felt really loved. :) :) :) TY Kai I luv u.
Then we went to Wisma Atria for shiok maki lunch with Wei Ze and Nicholas. This is them preparing my birthday card right in front of me HAHAHA. But I forgive them because the card is really awesome!!! Nic did the illustrations and it was so so so cute I really loved it!! Better than all the band concert programme booklets LOL. Anyway I'm just so grateful that they went to such great pain and length to assemble this for me. :'-)
The candle thing is brilliant, no?!?!?!!!
 Some of my favourite pages of the card. The messages themselves were also very honest and touching which is vastly different from the kind of BS we engage in on a regular basis, so that was special and made me cry, too. As Khiamz said, I have a low melting point haha!!

Then, my family and I went to Kabe No Ana at Jurong Point for dinner! I've always wanted to try their mentaiko pasta and while it wasn't as delicious as I had expected, it was a good dinner!
Mom specially bought a jar of tiramisu from Awfully Chocolate for me, and I blew out the candle at exactly 11.53pm :-) This year, I really hope birthday wishes come true.
My Polar wishing me a happy birthday!!

So, that more or less made up the best birthday I've had. :)


No comments :

Post a Comment